THE LATEST WAYMAKER.CHURCH
OUR NEW ADDRESS IS 1650 HOOPER ROAD, FOREST, VIRGINIA 24551
In the last several weeks, we have monitored guidelines and best practices for gathering in a safe way. After a significant amount of prayer and preparation, we have resumed services at our Waymaker.Church. We're committed to creating an environment that meets government recommendations for safety. To make that possible, our weekend services have been redesigned to create a low touch environment that allows for physical distancing.
With careful planning, we're excited to reopen WayKids during our 9 am service (There is no registration needed). Our goal is for your child to have the best possible experience while still keeping their safety in mind. Here are some additional steps we're taking to keep our WayKids environments safe (and fun) for your family.
- Room capacities have been lowered based on 6ft social distancing measurements.
- We’ve increased hygiene and cleaning protocols in our WayKids spaces during and between services.
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations will be available in WayKids check-in and hallway areas.
- All toys and hard surfaces will be sanitized at every service.
When you arrive, be ready for a redesigned check-in process to help support a safe environment.
- Every staff member, World Changer, and child in WayKids will have their temperature taken before checking in to WayKids. We aren’t able to check in anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher.
- We are asking you to only send one parent into WayKids for drop-off and pick-up to help limit traffic in the hallways.
- Be sure to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering WayKids. Encourage your child to do the same.
- All those serving with children will wear a mask.
We’ll all need to work together to help keep WayKids safe, so please stay home and watch online if your child:
- Has had a fever in the past 14 days.
- Shows any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Has been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
We have loved what God has done through WayKids Live! We are going to pause this experience for the time being while we focus on reopening WayKids, but we will bring this back in the future for your family to enjoy together periodically.
We will keep you updated with the next planned service once the date is finalized.
Midway is moving to Sunday mornings starting October 4th during our 9 am service! This environment is for 5th - 7th graders and takes place in the Blackbox Theater.
WayYouth is back each Wednesday for 8th-12th grade! Doors open at 6:45pm in the Blackbox Theater at Waymaker.Church, located at 1650 Hooper Road.
Hey, college students! The next Anthem gathering will be October 29th at 8pm (doors will open at 7:45pm). We will be throwing a Fall Festival at Waymaker.Church, and we can't wait to see you there!
LET'S WORK TOGETHER TO STAY HEALTHY
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- We’re requiring staff and world-changers to wear masks and maintain social distancing. We encourage those who are able to follow these guidelines to do so as well.
- All Waymaker.Church services will be a low touch experience, and all high-volume areas will be thoroughly sanitized between services.
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the building.
- No water fountains will be open or usable.
- No offering buckets will be passed. Instead, there will be an area in the back of the auditorium for guests who want to give.
- All handout materials, papers, and pens will be removed.
- Attendees are asked to wear a wristband to indicate their comfort level in regards to personal contact. (Red = high-risk; yellow = okay with talking/interaction)
How You Can Help:
- Make sure to follow us on social media for specific updates and information.
- Please wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often.
- Maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and other guests.
- If you don't feel well or have health concerns, please stay home and join us at Waymaker.Church Online.
We encourage you to continue to attend Waymaker.Church Online if you or a family member doesn’t feel well, or if you're just not ready to attend church at our physical location. You’re part of the Waymaker.Church family no matter where you choose to attend!
At 9:00 am and 11:00 am EST on Sunday, you can head to live.waymaker.church to experience worship, the message, and the community of your church family through live chat and prayer.
During this time of social distancing, many in our body have physical and financial needs. If you have needs or you have time, resources, or finances to help meet these needs, please fill out one of the forms through the buttons below. Our goal is to mobilize as many people as we can to help meet needs in our body and community in the coming weeks.
Faith Over Fear: How We Will Be the Church
We’re all aware of the evolving situation with COVID-19 around the world, and we as a church leadership team are aware that our response as a church is likely on your mind right now.
For the following reasons, our church leadership has decided to cancel Sunday gatherings for March 15, March 22, and March 29. Instead, we will be live streaming services on our Church Online Platform and Facebook. In addition, all large group gatherings over 50 have been canceled until April 1st. This includes WayYouth, Anthem, Next Level Leadership, and our Young Professionals Worship Night.
- CARE: Our body's health and well being are extremely important to us. We realize the risk of contracting COVID-19 in a large gathering, especially for those with pre-existing health conditions. We have had many people in our body out with other illnesses, and we hope that this break from our Sunday morning gatherings will allow everyone to recover.
- PORTABILITY: We are a portable church that meets in a high school. Our leadership team cannot control this environment, who is there during the week, or the cleanliness of the facilities. With an environment that cannot be controlled, we do not want to put people at risk of contracting COVID-19 or other illnesses during this time. In addition, due to JF High School's Prom, we have already canceled our Sunday gatherings for March 29th and have a special message planned for you on our Church Online Platform.
- CHURCH ONLINE: We have an amazing resource that we want to utilize to inspire, equip, and mobilize you to BE THE CHURCH in this season. That is why we will be live streaming special services on our Church Online Platform and on Facebook throughout the next three weeks on Sundays at 9:15 am and reairing at 11:15 am, 2 pm, 4 pm, 6 pm, and 8 pm.
HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
- PRAY for our community, our nation, and our world as well as those directly affected by COVID-19. Pray for the health care workers that are treating the sick and those public health administrators making difficult decisions. Pray that God would protect our community from further spread of the virus.
- FAITH over fear: spread hope within your circles of influence and not fear. In this season of fear and panic, our church community can be a beacon of hope, light, faith, and love for our world.
- GATHER in your homes with family and friends and watch Church Online with us each Sunday at 9:15 am over the next three weeks. (The CDC and our national government has advised that gatherings be 10 or fewer.)
- PRACTICE recommended personal hygiene. Wash your hands frequently. Avoid contact with the sick and stay home if you’re sick.
“Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.” - Philippians 4:6-7 (The Message)