Please keep an eye on this page for more information and important announcements about upcoming events, services, and cancelations as well as, community needs and how you can help!
Sunday Services - Canceled for the month of April
(services will be online only)
WayYouth - Canceled for the month of April
Young Professionals Worship Night - March 31
All Community Groups are suspended until May 1st as recommended by our government and health officials.
During this time of social distancing, many in our body have physical and financial needs. If you have needs or you have time, resources, or finances to help meet these needs, please fill out one of the forms through the buttons below. Our goal is to mobilize as many people as we can to help meet needs in our body and community in the coming weeks.
UPDATES ON COMMUNITY SUPPORT
Bedford County Public Schools will utilize the USDA Summer Food Service Program to provide “Grab-N-Go” meals during the COVID-19 school closure. Breakfast and lunch will be available to all children 18 & under regardless of income level beginning Wednesday, March 18th. Meals will be available for distribution Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the front entrance of the following schools:
- Bedford Elementary School
- Liberty High School
- Montvale Elementary School
- Boonsboro Elementary School
- Jefferson Forest High School
- New London Academy
- Goodview Elementary School
- Huddleston Elementary School
- Staunton River Middle School
Faith Over Fear: How We Will Be the Church
We’re all aware of the evolving situation with COVID-19 around the world, and we as a church leadership team are aware that our response as a church is likely on your mind right now.
For the following reasons, our church leadership has decided to cancel Sunday gatherings for March 15, March 22, and March 29. Instead, we will be live streaming services on our Church Online Platform and Facebook. In addition, all large group gatherings over 50 have been canceled until April 1st. This includes WayYouth, Anthem, Next Level Leadership, and our Young Professionals Worship Night.
- CARE: Our body's health and well being are extremely important to us. We realize the risk of contracting COVID-19 in a large gathering, especially for those with pre-existing health conditions. We have had many people in our body out with other illnesses, and we hope that this break from our Sunday morning gatherings will allow everyone to recover.
- PORTABILITY: We are a portable church that meets in a high school. Our leadership team cannot control this environment, who is there during the week, or the cleanliness of the facilities. With an environment that cannot be controlled, we do not want to put people at risk of contracting COVID-19 or other illnesses during this time. In addition, due to JF High School's Prom, we have already canceled our Sunday gatherings for March 29th and have a special message planned for you on our Church Online Platform.
- CHURCH ONLINE: We have an amazing resource that we want to utilize to inspire, equip, and mobilize you to BE THE CHURCH in this season. That is why we will be live streaming special services on our Church Online Platform and on Facebook throughout the next three weeks on Sundays at 9:15 am and reairing at 11:15 am, 2 pm, 4 pm, 6 pm, and 8 pm.
HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
- PRAY for our community, our nation, and our world as well as those directly affected by COVID-19. Pray for the health care workers that are treating the sick and those public health administrators making difficult decisions. Pray that God would protect our community from further spread of the virus.
- FAITH over fear: spread hope within your circles of influence and not fear. In this season of fear and panic, our church community can be a beacon of hope, light, faith, and love for our world.
- GATHER in your homes with family and friends and watch Church Online with us each Sunday at 9:15 am over the next three weeks. (The CDC and our national government has advised that gatherings be 10 or fewer.)
- PRACTICE recommended personal hygiene. Wash your hands frequently. Avoid contact with the sick and stay home if you’re sick.
“Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.” - Philippians 4:6-7 (The Message)